This single-varietal extra virgin olive oil is produced using 100% Manzanilla Cacereña olives, and is milled within a few hours by cold extraction.
Vieiru Extra Virgin Olive Oil carries a DOP Gata-Hurdes designation of origin, which ensures that the olives must be of high stability, virgin, and of a pure, single varietal olive with no mixtures. The region Sierra de Gata-Hurdes is located in the northwest of the Extremadura where Manzanilla Cacereña olive trees reach their maximum quality.
A KL Keller Exclusive—Read the story of how Kitty won it!
Current Harvest Tasting Notes
This wonderful, approachable all-purpose extra virgin olive oil is light- to medium-bodied with a fresh green olive nose. It is herbaceous with subtle hints of tomato fruit, and offers a slight bitterness and a lovely long finish.
The Best Olive Oil Mill of Spain 2017
The estate Almazara As Pontis has won 52 awards in the last two seasons, and was recognized as The Best Olive Oil Mill of Spain in 2017 by the Spanish Association of Olive Municipalities, a stunning achievement for this small, artisanal producer.
This estate-produced extra virgin olive oil is pressed on site—within 24 hours of harvest—using a state-of-the-art Pieralisi oil mill (Pieralisi, a leader in olive oil extraction equipment, uses the As Pontis mill as a test site for new equipment).
The entire production is sustainable, taking place within a comprehensive, eco-friendly integration: olives harvested from the estate's old groves; power generated by a biodigester; water purified in-house and recycled; and crushed olives used as fertilizer for the groves.
The Power of 10 – Ten Ways to Use This Product
- Dress a salad of spring asparagus, pea, burrata and baby greens
- Fry an egg for a fried egg sandwich
- Use in a vinaigrette for a seared tuna salad
- Drizzle on barbecued skirt steaks
- Float a tasty little puddle on top of hummus or baba ganoush
- Toss with blanched fava beans, lemon zest, and fleur de sel
- Make the Roman pasta dish Cacio e Pepe
- Pour over a puréed white bean soup
- Make an aioli and slather on asparagus
- Use with tomatoes and fleur de sel on bruschetta
|Product Code||Unit Size||Unit / Case||Unit Price||Case Price||UPC Code||Notes|
|81106||500 ml||12||29 lbs||8-437010-399596||new, coming soon|