J. Leblanc Huilerie, founded in 1878, is a small family operation in Burgundy, France. It has gained an international following for its small-batch, handcrafted nut oils of superlative quality.
J. Leblanc Walnut Oil is cold-pressed, 100% unrefined and made to order, so it tastes of pure roasted walnuts. A little goes a long way in adding full, toasty flavor to vegetables, salads and cheese.
Why We Like It
This is a wonderfully pure and clean oil. The unadulterated flavor of roasted walnuts complements a range of foods, especially fall and winter holiday cuisine.
J. Leblanc starts with careful selection of the highest quality whole nuts available, grown on many of the same farms with which they have been doing business for generations. For each batch of oil, about fifty-four pounds of nuts are ground into a paste using the huilerie's original granite mill.
Because the huilerie has no large storage facilities or refining capabilities, production only takes place when orders come in—assuring the very freshest nut oils with clean, bright, deep flavors and startling longevity (if refrigerated after first use, J. Leblanc nut oils usually stay good for up to a year).
The Power of 10 – Ten Ways to Use This Product
- A natural on green beans (or haricots verts), it's featured in our recipe for Green Beans with Olive Oil
- It plays a starring role in our recipe for Dreamy Mashed Potatoes
- Dress warm tagliarini and smother with a mushroom sauté
- Use as the oil in a fresh tuna salad Niçoise or in our easy Winter Fennel and Apple Salad
- Try it as some of the fat in chocolate chip cookies. Walnuty goodness!
- Use it in a vinaigrette to dress a duck breast salad with dried cherries
- Toss boiled new potatoes with J. Leblanc Walnut Oil and serve next to steak
- Use it in the vinaigrette for Fresh Beet Salad
- This tasty oil loves being on gnocchi next to lamb
- It highlights all of the players on a salad of frisée, apples and Fourme d'Ambert blue cheese. Use our Master Recipe for Real French Vinaigrette.
|Product Code||Unit Size||Unit / Case||Unit Price||Case Price||UPC Code||Notes|