This fantastic, flavorful artisan fruit preserve is made with rare cerises noires (black cherries) harvested near the village of Itxassou in the French Basque Country. Modern demands for higher yield fruit have diminished production of this unique cherry from three hundred tons in the 1920s to little more than three tons today. Traditionally used as the filling for the double-crust tart called Gâteau Basque, Sweet Basque Cherry Confit is also delicious as an accompaniment for Basque sheep’s milk cheeses such as Ossau-Iraty or, American-style, as a topping for vanilla ice cream.
Why We Like It
This small production cherry jam offers a taste of times gone by. Made with only cherries, cane sugar, lemon juice and pectin—no fruit juice concentrates or fillers—what stands out is the unadulterated sweet-tart flavor and luxurious texture of cherries.
Ingredients: Black cherries, sugar, lemon juice, pectin.
The Power of 10 – Ten Ways to Use This Product
- Use as the filling for Gâteau Basque
- Spoon over vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- Top a cream puff (messy but delicious!)
- Serve them with Idiazabal or Ossaue-Iraty cheese
- Slather on hot buttermilk biscuits
- Make mini tarts topped with mascarpone
- Pile them on top of cheesecake
- Bake into croissant bread pudding
- Enjoy on a scone with clotted cream
- Stir in a tiny bit of balsamic and serve with roasted duck breast
|Product Code||Unit Size||Unit / Case||Unit Price||Case Price||UPC Code||Notes|
|81051||250 gr||12||N/A||sofi Winner|